Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Music Show



On Saturday, the 12th of November 2011, Home School Chipata hosted a Music show. The teacher was Mary Emmanuelle Roy, the students were Sean Pluger, Filippo Carretta, Kay Kelsey Urguhart, Sarah Joy Breytenbach, Dorothy Mainza Cole, Emily Taonga Cole, Ben Ezio Bonnizzi and me. The preparetions for the show had began in March and so each of us were given a piece. I did the song "Dance" on a flute. I was accompained by Marie who also played the flute. Sean did "Where Is Thumbkin" on the bells. He was accompained by his mum who also did the bells. Kay did "The Passengers" on the ukellele and sang it. Sarah, Emily, Dorothy and me did "Oh When The Saints". I had to do "Oh When The Saints" on the recorder while the others sang it. Afterwards Ben did "Au Claire De La Lune" on the recorder. Last but not least Fili (Filippo's nickname, he also has felichi steak as his nickname) did "Air De Buffon" on the flute accompained by Marie that also played the flute. Then Kay's father Gordon wanted to play the guitar and sing. So we let him and he did a very interesting and nice song that unfortunately I forgot the title. Then Marie choose 9 adults to paticipate in the music show. Marie would ask us all (Adults and Children) questions and we had to answer as fast as possible if you answered correct you got a point for your team (There were the team of adults and the team of children). The adults won 17-15. Later there was supper for everyone pizza and drinks. Then every child went into the football camp to play.
We all had a great time.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carrettas!

    I just discovered your blog online! I read through your entries, checked out your pictures and thought how cool that you have your own blog. It really made me miss those good old times in Chipata. I really hope you're all doing fine down there and that you keep up those home school entries. I will be travelling through Southern Africa and Zambia too this November 2012 with my girlfriend - will you be around?

    Take care,

    Nick
    from Switzerland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nick!!

      of course will be in Chipata and you know that you can stay with us!

      See you in November!!
      Carretta's family!

      Delete
  2. Dear Carrettas

    Thanx for your response, great to hear from you!!! ...thank you also for letting us stay with you on our Africa trip! I sent you a mail a while back, but I don't know if you received it or if I have your right email address. Please let me know if you get it - I wrote so that you know more of our details about the trip and so on.

    Yes till November, can't wait! :0)

    Nick

    ReplyDelete